We have all been affected by it, whether it’s added to the morning traffic, the grass is over growing, or our laundry is piling up because there just hasn’t been a day of sunshine in over a week. But have you thought about how all this wet weather is affecting your pets?
Lilies (Lilium spp and Hemerocallis spp), amongst many other flower species, are extremely toxic to cats and can be fatal. The toxic substance in lilies that causes injury to the kidneys has not yet been identified, but all parts of the lily are poisonous – flowers, stamen, stem, leaves and roots.
With over 70 tick cases and almost 20 snake cases treated at our Booval Vet Hospital in the past two months, it’s time for another reminder about the importance of tick prevention!